Dominican Republic present at Art Basel Fair

The Dominican Republic Export and Investment Center (ProDominicana), highlighted the representation of Dominican culture at Miami Art Basel. The fair presents galleries that allow access to an international audience of collectors, museum directors and curators.

The largest and most comprehensive international contemporary art fair in North America, it features more than 250 galleries from 36 countries exhibiting works by 4,000 artists. It receives more than 80,000 visitors to Miami, from artists, collectors and amateurs. It has become the most striking cultural event on Miami’s calendar, attended by celebrities and trendsetters.

Biviana Riveiro, Executive Director of ProDominicana said: “Miami has become a thriving art destination, with a vibrant gallery scene, cutting-edge museums and world-class street art. Art Basel offers a platform to showcase the talent of Dominican artists and exporters through galleries and events, allowing access to an international audience.”

In this edition, Dominican artists are present at Art Basel week, which takes place in Miami from December 2-5. It features an exhibition of works by Dominican representatives that expose our culture: Michelle Urtecho, Laura Tosato, Patricio Correa, Juan Reyes, Felix Suriel, among others. Also highlighted was the presence of products of the exportable supply of the wellness, rum and tobacco segments.

It should be noted that the United States is our main trading partner and where most Dominicans reside. The trade exchange between both countries for the period January 2015-October 2021, was US$85,869.40 million, with 63% corresponding to imports of goods and the remaining 37% to exports.

author avatar
Dominican Republic Live Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 + thirteen =

Verified by MonsterInsights