The National Director of Medicines, Mr. Noe Geovanni Garcia Iraheta, made an official visit to the Dominican Republic where he was received by representatives of important institutions such as the Association of Representatives, Agents and Pharmaceutical Producers, who through the ARAPF board of directors agreed to support with internships and technical exchanges for the 65 subsidiaries of transnational pharmaceutical research and development laboratories, which brings together this pharmaceutical business association.
Mr. Garcia also held meetings with:
– The Director of the General Directorate of Medicines, Food and Health Products (DIGEMAPS), Leandro Villanueva.
– The Vice Minister for Economic Affairs and International Cooperation, Hugo Rivera.
– PAHO/WHO Dominican Republic Representative, Olivier Ronveaux.
– The Director of Bilateral Cooperation – Ministry of Economy, Planning and Development, María Aquino Smester.
– The President of PROCONSUMIDOR, Eddy Alcántara.
– The Director of the School of Pharmacy of the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo, Elizabeth Pérez Duval.
– The Director of @PROMESE CAL RD, Adolfo Pérez De León.
– Representatives of the Dominican Pharmaceutical Industries, @INFADOMI.
At the end of the visit, the agreements for the letters of understanding were signed and establishing direct communication channels to work together were some of the great achievements of the mission.
Learn more: HEALTH