The office of the Venezuelan Embassy in the Dominican Republic activated the option of requesting visa appointments for foreigners through its web portal. This is to speed up the response times of the entire consular process.
The appointment platform has the requirements for each type of visa and will operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The user will be able to select the day and time according to the availability to go to the headquarters, said the embassy through a statement.
The digitalization of this process will allow foreigners wishing to enter Venezuela to schedule their visa appointment from their cell phone, tablet or any other electronic device with Internet access.
This process of requesting visa appointments is personal, individual and non-transferable and is not done through third parties or agents.
How to do the process?
- You must access the website https://embajadavenezuelard.do/index.php
- Next, go to the consular procedures tab and then go to the foreign citizens tab.
- Select the corresponding type of visa
- Have previously digitalized all the documents required for the process and fill in the personal data directly in the application.
- Choose the date and time of the appointment according to availability and process the application.
- General requirements for visa applications
The requested requirements must be sent digitally at the time of scheduling an appointment and must be presented in physical form on the day scheduled by the embassy. Among the main documents, the following stand out:
Manila envelope identified with the applicant’s data
- The visa application form must be completed with the required personal data.
- Use the downloadable form and make a statement of reasons where you can add more information if necessary, and any other important information about the reason for the trip.
- Attach a physical passport-type photograph with a front view and a white background. It must be attached to the visa application form.
- Original and photocopy of the passport, specifically of the personal data page, which must be centered on a letter size page. The passport must be valid for at least six months.
- Photocopy of the identity card legible on both sides and centered on a letter size page.
- Letter of good conduct (original) with a minimum of three months of having been issued.
- Invitation letter notarized in Venezuela in original and one copy, or otherwise the hotel reservation (applicable to tourist visa).
- Original letter of employment with the company’s contact number indicating position, monthly salary and seniority. In case the applicant is self-employed, he/she must submit a certification of income (original) prepared by a public accountant, registered and apostilled.
- Attach the last three original bank statements, stamped and signed by the bank.
- In case the reason for the visa corresponds to the realization of an event such as a congress, seminar, as well as cultural activities, sports meetings or any other specific activity, an original notarized letter from the inviting institution or person specifying date, place and description of the event is required.
- In the case of children and adolescents, they must present a birth certificate (original and copy), a school certificate with wet or embossed seal, and a copy of their school transcript.
- In cases where children and adolescents travel alone or with a representative, they must present the original and copy of the travel authorization.
All procedures must be paid in cash and in U.S. currency on the day of the consular appointment. Each type of visa has its corresponding cost detailed as follows:
- Tourist Visa: US$30
- Student Visa: US$60
- Business Visa: US$60
- Traveler in transit visa: US$30
- Transient visa / Venezuelan family member: 60 dollars
- Religious transient visa: 60 dollars
- Family traveler visa: 60 dollars
It is specified that the bills must be in good condition, without scratches or deterioration (torn, scratched, etc.).
Learn More: TRAVEL