Verónica Mendoza, BAFWEEK’s official make-up artist, shared the latest in make-up: a reference to living nature, with earthy tones, and to technology, with intense metallics.
“This fall – winter we will have two trends, one that leans towards the natural and organic and another technological, where the differential will be in the use of products that prioritize the dual functionality of protecting and enhancing the beauty of each woman,” says makeup artist Veronica Mendoza.
Once again, BAFWEEK, the fashion event that brings together the most important Argentine designers and brands in the country, will take place. Each of them has the important task of showing fashion lovers the latest trends in clothing, footwear and accessories that are coming for the next season. But that’s not all, makeup also plays a key role.
“This fall-winter we will have two trends, one that leans towards the natural and organic, focusing on beauty rituals, on our own particularities and on what makes us unique, and the other technological, where the real differential will be in the use of products that prioritize the dual functionality of protecting and enhancing the beauty of each woman”, says Verónica Mendoza, Natura’s makeup artist and BAFWEEK official.
How are these trends chosen by the designers to accompany some of their collections?
Trend: living nature
This trend, which celebrates nature and connects with culture and the ancestral, is marked by the choice of natural and organic ingredients and the use of products with sun protection and anti-pollution, to provide women not only with the ability to enhance beauty, but also to protect and care for the skin at the same time.
Here, the face takes center stage through the use of translucent and luminous foundations. The color palette oscillates between earthy and natural tones, invading mainly eyes and lips. “Living Nature” invites to exalt one’s own features, embracing cultural differences, giving an idea of a more universal and less hegemonic beauty.
How to do it at home
The color palette oscillates between earthy and natural tones, invading mainly eyes and lips.
– Apply a medium coverage foundation with sunscreen to prepare and protect the skin.
– On the eyes, first place a shadow on the mobile eyelid; then outline with a brush the lower lash line with the same shade and finish with the shadow on the tear trough and the crease of the eye to bring luminosity to the area. Finally, apply mascara to open up the eyes.
– On the face, illuminate the temples, the cupid’s bow, the cheekbones and under the eyebrow arch with the shadow.
– Bronze the cheeks with blush.
– Apply long-lasting lipstick on the lips.
– To finish the look, apply a fall color on the nails.
Trend: technological glow
With a focus on innovation and technology and incorporating futuristic skin care devices at the cellular level and ingredients developed in laboratories, this trend provides comfort and is inspired by science that provokes emotions. In “Technological Glow” more extreme expressions are proposed that mix digital and real aesthetics.
The color palette is intense, with strong and metallic tones such as violets, purples, intense pinks and blues; luminous materials and fluid and silky textures. The products have multi-technology and, like the previous trend, in addition to beautifying, they care for and protect the skin.
The skins will have matte coverage and finish and the cheeks will acquire a pearly effect for greater expression. The eyes will continue to be the main protagonists through ultra-pigmented palettes. Lips will be worn in more neutral colors but with texture and care technology, while nails, in tune with the eyes, will be dressed in that virtual and futuristic world shine with eccentric colors.
Step by step
The color palette is intense, with strong and metallic tones such as violets, purples, intense pinks and blues.
– Apply the foundation evenly all over the face, achieving a matte and velvety effect.
– On the eyes: first, place the “mauve” shade on the central part of the eyelid and make a deep “V” shape at the end of the eye with the “violet” shade and blend the colors.
– To give a striking metallic effect, use the blending brush to apply the shadow from the tear trough the eyelid to the middle of the eyelid.
– To finish the eyes, use a black eyeliner drawing a thin line on the upper lashes (it is recommended to finish it with a tail) and finish with a mascara enhancing the upper and lower lashes.
– On the lips: first apply a nude lipstick and then, to add shine, apply a gloss on top.