Air Century has unveiled plans to establish a secondary base at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) and fly from there to four destinations. The airline is looking to meet the growing demand for winter travel in the 2023/24 season by extending its reach to the Dutch Caribbean and Colombia.
Air Century’s new routes will connect Punta Cana with Cartagena (CTG), Colombia; St. Maarten (SXM); Aruba (AUA); and Curacao (CUR), with plans to further expand its network to include Havana (HAV), Cuba, and Miami (MIA), United States.
The airline will offer continuous service to St. Maarten, Aruba and Curaçao throughout the year. However, to Cartagena it will operate exclusively during the winter season until March 2024.
Air Century’s flight schedule from Punta Cana
Starting December 15, 2023, Air Century will begin operations to Aruba and Curacao with three weekly flights to each destination. These flights will be operated using CRJ 200 aircraft, offering a total of 300 seats per week for each route.
- Punta Cana – Aruba flight Y2 271 PUJ 16:30 – 17:45 AUA / Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Aruba – Punta Cana flight Y2 272 AUA 10:00 – 11:15 PUJ / Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Punta Cana – Curaçao flight Y2 251 PUJ 11:45 – 13:00 CUR / monday, wednesday and friday.
- Curaçao – Punta Cana flight Y2 252 CUR 09:30 – 10:45 PUJ / monday, wednesday and friday.
As of December 17, 2023, Air Century will start operations to Cartagena and St. Maarten with two and three weekly flights respectively. These flights will also be operated using CRJ 200 aircraft, offering 200 and 300 seats per week for each route.
- Punta Cana – Cartagena flight Y2 221 PUJ 13:45 – 14:30 CTG / Thursdays and Sundays.
- Cartagena – Punta Cana flight Y2 222 CTG 09:00 – 11:45 PUJ / Thursdays and Sundays.
- Punta Cana – St. Marteen flight Y2 261 PUJ 13:30 – 14:20 CUR / Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- St. Marteen – Punta Cana flight Y2 262 CUR 11:00 – 11:50 PUJ / Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Air Century’s fleet consists of two 19-seat Jetstream 32s, three 50-passenger Bombardier CRJ 200s, and one ATR 72-200 (F) operated by LogicPaq. During the first half of 2023, the company carried 26,229 passengers, according to the Dominican Republic’s Civil Aviation Board (JAC).
In addition, from its main base at La Isabela Airport (JBQ), north of Santo Domingo, Air Century will increase its frequencies to the Dutch Caribbean starting in December:
- Oranjestad (AUA), Aruba; increases from 2 to 3 weekly flights with CRJ 200.
- Cartagena (CTG), Colombia; 2 weekly flights with CRJ 200.
- Havana (HAV), Cuba; 4 weekly flights with CRJ 200.
- Willemstad (CUR), Curaçao; increase from 2 to 3 weekly flights with CRJ 200.
- Port-Au-Prince (PAP), Haiti; 9 weekly flights with Jetstream 42 and CRJ 200.
- Philipsburg (SXM), St. Maarten; increases from 2 to 3 weekly flights with CRJ 200.