More than three million women engaged in tourism in the DR in 2023

Of the more than 6.7 million tourists who arrived in the Dominican Republic by air last year 2023, the largest number were foreign women, mostly from the United States.

According to the report “Macroeconomic situation, data disaggregated by sex”, by the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Development (MEPyD), of the total number of foreigners who visited the Dominican Republic in 2023, 3,455,056 were women, which represented 51.3%, compared to the 3,275,746 male visitors, which meant the remaining 48.7%.

“Compared to previous years, there was an increase of 16.5% in the arrival of women and 15.4% in the arrival of male passengers,” the report states.

According to the research statistics, since 2019 women represent the largest number of visits to the DR. In that year, 2.6 million women and 2.2 million men visited the country, according to Hoy.

In 2023, of the total number of women arriving in the country, 46.8% resided in the United States, followed by Canada with 16.7%; Colombia (4.9%); Argentina (3.1) and Spain with 2.75%, it indicates.

Source: Arecoa.com

Advertisements
author avatar
Dominican Republic Live Editor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × 2 =

Verified by MonsterInsights